Day care for adults with disabilities is a service that King David Community Center of Atlanta, Inc. is both proud and glad to offer its clients. Disabled care services begin to play an increasingly vital part in medical care for disabled adults and the elderly alike, so the professionals at KDCC are always following the most modern care services, exercise routines, and health monitoring techniques. Looking for respite care for elderly clients, or an in-home companion for an indefinite amount of time? – Look no further, KDCC Home Care Services provide a professional, compassionate, and affordable array of services just for you. Call us at [phone number] today, and see just what we can do for you!
The goal of our domestic help service staff, or PCA’s (Personal Care Assistants), is to aid in sustaining a comfortable and self-capable lifestyle, while maintaining optimal health – to those elderly adults who are physically or mentally restricted by their age from doing so on their own accord. KDCC employs over 150 Personal Care Aids, Certified Nursing Assistants, and LPN’s for our Personal Care Services program. We also have two full-time RN’s on staff for client assessments, and any clinical issues.
The PCA will provide general housekeeping services, as well as keep track of any essential healthcare services and prescribed medication regiments and dosage – the PCA may not, however, provide hands-on personal or medical care to clients, as per State regulations. Overall, some of the home help care services offered by the PCA are to:
* Spend time with and generally care for an elderly, handicapped, or convalescent individual – with companionship services such as playing games, cards, reading, watching television, and accompanying the client on outings.
* Perform the functions generally undertaken by a customary homemaker – including such duties as preparation of meals, laundry, shopping, and care of children.
* Perform casual cosmetic assistance – such as brushing the client’s hair, assisting with make-up, filing and polishing of nails.
* Accompany the client to doctor’s appointments or shopping trips.
* Report any unusual incidents or changes in the client’s behavior, condition or circumstances to the case manager immediately; as well as any incidents, problems, or concerns related to their work immediately.
* Maintain a chronological written record of medical and personal care services performed, as well as sustain appropriate work relationships with clients in general.
Aside from domestic helper services, KDCC offers several other means by which to provide disabled care services and care for elderly adults. Most worthy of additional note is the Home Delivered Meals Program (HDM). Through our HDM, we provide freshly cooked, never frozen, dietician approved meals from several delicious, healthy, ethnic, and affordable menus. Currently, the monthly menu rotation caters to Vegetarian, Russian, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Nepali cuisine – and each item on each menu is prepared by our culturally-authentic chefs, making KDCC’s HDM program perfect for any Atlanta immigrants, hungry for a taste of their distant home-cooked meals. Additionally, KDCC also offers an Adult Day Care with respite care for elderly services available, and a Transportation Department equipped with several disabled cars and vans, as well as wheel-chair accessible busses and vans.