Transportation in a large metropolis like Atlanta is a sore issue for any citizen, mot just the elderly – reckless drivers, hectic traffic, ridiculous weather, all that is enough to make driving troublesome for anyone. In addition, driving can become an increasingly daunting task for some senior citizens, with increasing health concerns and dwindling vision, even necessary tasks like getting to a doctor’s appointment or the pharmacy, can pose a challenge.
Transportation for seniors
Lucky there’s King David Community Center’s Personal Support Services. Whether or not our clients are able to drive, they do not have to. Transportation assistance is just one of the growing array of services offered by KDCC’s Personal Support Services staff.
The services covered under KDCC’s PSS program are as follows:
* Doctor’s Appointments
* Notify PSS Aide of Doctor’s appointment, and they will be sure to remind you of it, and get you there on time.
* PSS Aide will provide transportation to doctor’s office
* PSS Aide will provide transportation to fill any necessary prescriptions after doctor’s appointment
* PSS Aide will provide translation services if needed
* Note, also, that our PSS department currently services these communities in their native language: Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Bosnian, Nepali, Russian, and English. A communication barrier can make providing quality Personal Support Service difficult, and learning English for someone who has spoken their native language for over 70 years can seem impossible – luckily, our clients never have to worry about either of these problems, because We Speak Your Language!
*Aide may use Client’s vehicle with insurance and written consent.